Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is always looking for talented and passionate professionals. Potential employees will work on a diverse range of projects in a highly creative and collaborative studio environment. We are looking for people who provide the highest level of commitment and dedication to their work, and who will demonstrate strong interest in the firm’s vision. There are excellent long-term growth opportunities for highly motivated, self-starting individuals with a broad skill set.
Unless otherwise noted in the posting, please submit your resume, examples of work, references, salary requirements and where you saw the job posting via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please attach work samples in pdf format – size should not exceed 3MB.) We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package. No phone calls please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit
Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is seeking a responsible, energetic person for the position of Interpretive Specialist to work on a major international planetarium and space science museum. The candidate must have experience developing science based exhibits and educational programs. LHSA+DP is an architecture, museum planning and exhibition design firm with diverse projects in children’s museums, history and science facilities.
- Responsible for content development, including conducting and organizing research and coordinating with consulting content specialists
- Develops and maintains content outlines
- Refines storyline for Visitor Experience
- Participates in the development process with design team contributing interpretive and educational perspectives and advisement
- Performs other relevant administrative duties as necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher in an area of museum studies or museum education with an emphasis on science
- At least three years of experience working in museums and/or exhibit design firms developing educational programs, visitor experiences and exhibits
- Excellent writing skills with ability to distill information into brief, succinct narratives or statements
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Be well-organized
- Have ability to work well independently and in teams through a process-oriented approach to project development
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- Proficient in both spoken and written Mandarin a plus, but not mandatory
Guaranteed one-year contract to start December 2017. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Please submit your resume, examples of work (Interpretive Exhibit Scripts/Storylines), 2-3 references, and salary requirements to Katherine Browning, Interpretive Project Manager at email@example.com. No phone calls please. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.
Marketing Graphic Designer
We are currently seeking a highly-creative, experienced and energetic graphic designer to work on a variety of marketing and business development products and projects including (but not limited to) brochures, proposals, ads, project reports and presentations.
• Work with the Marketing/Business Development team to produce preliminary and final designs for a variety of digital and print products including:
○ Collateral/Response packets to Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals
○ Deck Presentations
○ Company marketing materials such as brochures, ads, banners, etc.
○ Project End-of-Phase Bound Reports
○ Graphics for LHSA+DP’s Web presence:
—- Maintain/add/improve content to existing website using WordPress Content Management System
—- Track and report on key web metrics using Google Analytics
—- Design web-ready deliverables to use in Mailchimp newsletters and on social media sites (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Develop and manage time estimates for projects (work with marketing and graphics teams to set internal deadlines for content and delivery of products)
• Consult with project managers and principals as necessary on specific documents required for presentations and/or project reporting.
• Ensure consistent adoption of brand elements both within LHSA+DP collateral
and externally across all platforms
Skills & Qualifications
• BA in graphic design
• A minimum of 2 years of experience designing and producing print graphics
• Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite CS5 or above (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat)
• Excellent team communication skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Motivated, creative and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of projects and multiple deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Possesses strong conceptual skills and has ability to execute design concepts through a variety of mediums.
• Knowledgeable in printing processes and standards for collateral design.
• Familiarity with uploading content to WordPress, CMS or similar content management system
• Familiarity with creating email newsletters in Mailchimp or email marketing service\
• Large scale graphic production file experience a PLUS
• Front-end coding (HTML/CSS) experience is a PLUS (Understands basic user-experience design and content strategy and trends in web design)
• Business Development experience a PLUS
Please submit your resume, examples of work, and references to Kristen Leone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intermediate Architectural Designer / Architect
We are currently seeking an experienced Staff Level Architect.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3-5 years professional experience working on high end projects, including cultural facility design, museum projects, and custom residential work. Experience with contemporary, modern, and vernacular design vocabularies, concrete, steel and wood frame construction, and modern detailing preferred. In particular, this position requires the candidate to be completely fluent in REVIT construction documents and sheet sets, and have extensive experience in consultant coordination and construction administration. We are looking for highly motivated, organized, and hard-working individuals who are both design and detail oriented, and also experienced in Autocad, Sketchup, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, has good communication skills, and strong design and working drawing experience.