Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is a nationally recognized, published, award-winning integrated design firm with a diverse portfolio of architecture, museum and graphic design projects. We bring our approach of “design as interpretation” to everything we do. Our process always begins with total immersion into the content and context of any situation. Our credo of “listen, learn, distill, create” results in designs that uniquely embody the vision and goals of our clients. For us, giving form and imparting meaning become one objective, one vision, and one of the surest paths to superior design.
LHSA+DP is always looking for talented and passionate professionals. Potential employees will work on a diverse variety of projects in a highly creative and collabrative multi-disciplinary, mid-sized studio environment. We are looking for people who provide the highest level of commitment and dedication to their work, and who will demonstrate strong interest in the firm’s vision. There are excellent long-term growth opportunities for highly motivated, self-starting individuals with a broad skill set.
Unless otherwise noted in the posting, please submit your resume, examples of work, references, salary requirements and where you saw the job posting via e-mail to: email@example.com. (Please attach work samples in .pdf format – size should not exceed 3mb.) We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package. No phone calls please.
Intermediate Exhibit Designer
Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP) is currently seeking an Intermediate Exhibit Designer to work on exhibit and environmental design projects.
- Develop creative and innovative design solutions with technical integrity
- Develop presentation quality materials to communicate design intent to client and reviewing agencies
- Knowledge of museum and galley space planning issues, including lighting design, audio visual media design and hardware/infrastructure needs
- Ability to work on exhibition and environmental design projects at multiple scales, including traveling exhibits, permanent exhibits, showrooms/commercial exhibits, museum interiors
- Working knowledge and understanding of architectural and building systems coordination issues required for integrating exhibits with existing spaces is recommended, but not required
- Ability to coordinate with architectural consultants and engineers as necessary to ensure safety and integration of exhibit components with facility infrastructure
- Accountability for completeness and accuracy of design and production documents including production specifications; Performs QA checks, working with Project Manager and Senior staff
- Working knowledge of detailing for mechanical interactive exhibits
- Working knowledge of designing interactive exhibits for young children
- Experience working on a variety of subject matter for exhibitions (history, humanities and science exhibits a plus)
- Develop technical solutions that meet necessary design and code compliance, including ADA
- Contribute to advance the firm’s documentation standards and methods, working with Senior staff
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of BA Degree in Architecture, Exhibition Design or Industrial Design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an architectural firm, museum in-house design dept. or exhibition design consulting firm
- Able to work collaboratively in a team-based design studio
- Self-motivated and able to balance multiple project responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced design environment
- Excellent command of English language, both orally for presentation and in writing for project documentation needs
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp required and given preference. Knowledge of other design and drafting programs may be helpful
- Proficiency with 3D rendering skills is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign is preferred.
- Knowledge of Revit is helpful but not required
- Hand sketching and drawing skills highly desired
- Experience with exhibit detailing including electro-mechanical exhibits, lighting design and integration of media components
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please