SKOLNICK Architecture + Design Partnership is always looking for talented and passionate professionals. Potential employees will work on a diverse range of projects in a highly creative and collaborative studio environment. We are looking for people who provide the highest level of commitment and dedication to their work, and who will demonstrate strong interest in the firm’s vision. There are excellent long-term growth opportunities for highly motivated, self-starting individuals with a broad skill set.
Unless otherwise noted in the posting, please submit your resume, examples of work, references, salary requirements and where you saw the job posting via e-mail to: email@example.com. (Please attach work samples in pdf format – size should not exceed 3MB.) We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package. No phone calls please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit
Freelance Exhibition Designer
SKOLNICK Architecture + Design Partnership is seeking a skilled, experienced, and responsible person to fill a freelance Exhibition Designer position. This is a part-time position, 3 days a week for 3 months. The position could lead to full-time employment, dependent on the needs of the office.
SKOLNICK is an architecture, museum planning, and exhibition design firm with diverse projects in children’s museums, corporate visitor centers, and science centers.
· Collaborate with internal team including: Project Managers, Exhibit Design staff, Interpretive Specialist
· Work with Senior Staff to develop specific designs in response to owner needs
· Develop creative and innovative design solutions with technical integrity
· Produce hand sketches and/or 3-D digital models
Skills & Qualifications
· Minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent in Architecture, Exhibit Design, Interior Design or Industrial Design
· 5-7 years of work experience in an architectural or exhibit design consulting firm, exhibit fabrication company, or museum in-house design dept.
· Excellent design skills and ability to conceptualize design concepts
· Working knowledge of museum space planning issues, exhibit design, especially designing interactive exhibits for multigenerational audiences
· Hand sketching and drawing ability preferred
· Experience developing Design and Fabrication Documents (for production by an exhibit fabricator) required
· Proficient in AutoCAD
· Proficient knowledge of SketchUp and/or Rhino required
· Knowledge of Revit is helpful, but not required
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
· Ability to consistently meet assigned project deadlines and required deliverables exhibits within the project schedule
IMMEDIATE OPENING. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume, examples of work, 2-3 references, and salary requirements to Jo Ann Secor, Director of Interpretive Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.