Music and literature. Philosophy and physics. History and math. As a student, Lee equally prized and devoured these subjects. This passion for knowledge across disciplines led him to architecture, where they all converge.
This interdisciplinary view informs Lee’s approach to every project. He creates narratives that unfold as people move through his designs, all senses engaged. His work can educate and entertain. Convey meaning and emotion. Provoke thought and imagination.
Lee achieves this through a keen understanding of how humans make sense of the world and themselves, which is to say, storytelling. He generates a fully integrated architectural experience to transcend a space’s purpose.
Throughout history and at its core, architecture creates meaningful experiences that connect people with their culture and community. In his work and with his firm, Lee evolves this rich tradition.
– Bachelor of Architecture, George Ledlie Prize Recipient
– Boston Architectural Center
HONORS + AWARDS
– Honorary Visiting Fellow
University of Leicester
– 2006 The Cooper Union Presidential Citation for Outstanding Achievement
– 2004 Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD) Distinguished Member Award
– 1991 Architectural Digest, The AD 100 Architects
New York, NY
– Advisory and Grant Panelist NEA Design Education New York State Council on the Arts
– What is Exhibition Design?
– Association of Youth Museums
– American Association of Museums
– Association of Science and Technology Centers
– Society for Environmental Design